Thursday, July 8, 2010

paperwhite

I think one of the amazing things that the human body can do is, transport your brain to a memory with the sense of smell.
Any time I smell Red Door perfume, I am 16 and sitting next to my mom and watching her put her make up on. She wore Red Door every day. I have her jewelry box and it smells just like her.

When I smell PearBerry lotion at Bath and Body Works, I am a freshman in college.

When I smell summer rain, I am 10 running home in California from the playground down the street.

And when I smell Paperwhites, I am in Connecticut in one of my favorite homes, ever. So when I discovered that Pottery Barn makes an oil defusser that smells like Paperwhites, I was thrilled. I love the smell, and now my space smells like one of my favorite places.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

:) This makes me laugh. For reasons only we know!
P.S. I like your new layout!!! Cute!

Melanie said...

I love it, I totally have smells like that too. It's one of my favorite writing techinques to envoke the power of smell. Amazing how transportive it is:)