Tuesday, December 21, 2010

be a friend


I think one of my favorite things is that "newness" of making a friend. The conversations you have when you find out what you have in common. The using your "one liners" and having someone never having heard them before.

I love how things start. My friend Lisa made a comment on my watch 8 years ago. And we still are laughing and enjoying the friendship that came from that comment.

My friend Mel asked me to sit by her on my first Sunday in Indiana. We have been friends for 15 years. And another Lisa, well I introduced her to Country Music. It's amazing. Again, 15 years later.

Now I am enjoying a new group of friends at work. Introducing Steph to Midnight Sun has been a blast.

3 comments:

L.R.L said...

well....it was a super cool stylish/hip watch. Little did I know it was a great representation of the girl wearing it....

you're so great.

Lisa said...

I want to know about Midnight Sun! (And Garth Brooks' Seven is still one of my faves...)

Melanie said...

15 years on earth...I'm fairly certain friends like us started a long, long time ago:)