Friday, March 18, 2011

i got towed


On February 14th, my car broke down. On the side of the freeway. During morning rush hour. Call in the tow truck. I had it towed and a new engine coil put in. I got a call around 2pm that day saying it was only going to cost $125. Done!! I can handle that. I went to pick it up that night. Right as the garage was closing. I drove about 2 blocks and.... sputter, sputter... die. Once again, I call the tow truck. (by the way, each time you have your car towed, it is $60.) As the 2nd tow truck shows up and is loading my car onto the truck, the guy says, "has this car ever been towed before?" My response?? "Uh, yes. 10 hours ago.....". To which he replies, "Oh boy, a good Valentine's Day for you, huh? I am assuming you are single, there isn't anyone with you." Yes, thanks Bud. That made my day much better.

So car in the shop AGAIN. This time my ... well... something something engine power plug.... Flex capacitor... is replaced. $175. I pick it up. Awesome! The car is running great. Until Friday night on my way home and the car completely looses power and the engine light comes on. Terrific. (Thank you to my VT for the help and rides! You two are amazing.) So, I take it in again! This time it is spark plugs. $70.

Fast forward Hmmm.... 4 days. I pull into my garage and shut off the car, and I can hear boiling sounds. I pop the hood, and my coolant is boiling out of my overflow. Yay. Next morning, it over heats and I take it to a NEW mechanic. He says my cooling fans are not working. $210. I pick it up... take it home, and the boiling it still going on. I take it back and he says it is the radiator cap and he says that there is a huge oil leak. (that would explain the oil spots on my drive way!) $200 and my car now works. So if you figure it out, I have had my car for 9 days over the past month. The other 21 days, it has been in a mechanic shop.

I can think of a lot of other things I would have rather used the money on. Keep your fingers crossed for my little car.

No comments: