Monday, September 15, 2008

I don't know much...


Only when one falls, does one truly look up.

I had a rough Sunday. You see, I had to sit alone at church. And anyone that knows me, know that that is very difficult for me. I hate to be alone. I hate not knowing people. And that is where my life is now.


When I was told to come to Utah, I jumped. I jumped off of the proverbial cliff, not knowing what was at the bottom. Sometimes I still feel like I am free falling :) But I did it! And I am here... and things are pretty good. I am starting to acclimate myself. And I never thought I would be doing this at 31, but I am.


But when we get in these "ruts" in life, we really have the opportunity to reevaluate our blessings. We realize what we truly have in out lives. And what things really make us happy. Who we truly are, and what we are.


We are children of Heavenly Father, and that all we need to know, right?

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I felt like I was "falling" for almost 2 years. I spent the whole time we were in Boise trying to like it. We seemed to have it all, a great job, beautiful home. I would spend my time while my kids were taking a nap trying to figure out why I wasn't happy. I thought I was being selfish because I "had it all" but we were lacking 2 very important things. Family and friends. I wasn't happy and I couldn't live my life like that another day. We made a life changing decision to leave it all and start over. It was the best decision we've ever made even though it still had its challenges. I think the longer we fall, the longer the journey, the more blessings we receive if we can recognize them. The key and the challenge is to find joy in the journey. May you find joy as you embark this new chapter in your life.

And yes, we should go to the zoo. Definitely before it gets too cold. Call me!