So today I think I have finally hit the "insanity" wall. Oh yeah, I did. Pretty sure about it now. I decided to run a 5k. Let me start by giving you a bit of background. First,
I am chubby. I have been-- for oh, all of my 31 years! And I have been doing really well with going to the gym and working out. I have lost quite a bit of weight. And I am very proud of myself. I have worked very hard. And so as I was getting ready for the day, I thought "What the hell am I waiting for?" And so I signed up. Yes, I do realize that 5k is only 3.2 miles. But you see, my mantra up until now, has been "I don't run unless a murderer or a ghoul is chasing me". And now, nothing is chasing me, and I am going to run.
So.. wish me luck! Because, I am going to need it! Yup, I'm sure am crazy!
5 comments:
Do it! Do it! DO it
I think that is great! You might get that 'runners high' and won't be able to stop the running thing. I have yet to experience the runners high so running is still a chore for me even after 5 years. {I'm convinced swimmers are not runners!} My sister-in-laws want me to do this race with them. Maybe you'll inspire me to sign up. I'll let you know!
You are AWESOME! You will love the 5k. I'm behind you all the way! (Well, mentally and emotionally. I live in Texas and all...) keep rockin it!
YAY!!! I am so damn proud of you!!! You'll do great! :)
Hi Tara! Don't know if you remember me, but this is Kayla from CT days. I stumbled upon your blog the other day when I was super bored. I must say you have a knack for writing, hope you don't mind me reading. Good luck with the run!
Post a Comment