Monday, June 29, 2009

Favorite weekend in the Summer...



So this coming weekend is my favorite time of the summer. I think it stems from being a daughter of an Army officer. It is just when the whole country is very patriotic.. and you spend time with family. And of course BBQ's. Ah, those are my favorite.
I love the fireworks. I love going to them.. I am still mesmerized by them. They are amazing to me. I think, however, that they were better when I was little. But I still love them. Spreading out the blanket in a baseball field and watching with friends until the sun sets. These are the best times.
And playing in the sun. Soaking in the the sunshine while throwing a Frisbee. Or floating down the canyon with family. And getting out with cold watermelon waiting on the picnic table. Yes, this is going to be a great weekend. But, don't forget the sunscreen.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looking forward to it...have a great time!