Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ambush


I thought it would be fun to take my friend Lisa and her husband Tyler to Afternoon Tea at the Grand America, on Saturday. What a cheerful and charming time we had. I have been before, but I think it was a bit magical with the lights and the snow coming down outside. (you can watch the snow from the huge window just behind the piano and harp players.)

We ordered hot white chocolate and lovely little finger sandwiches.

And then Santa came. Oh yes! In all his red glory with his lovely wife, Mrs. Claus beside him. Jingling his belt and "ho, ho, ho"-ing all through the tea room and lobby of this beautiful hotel.

This is when I noticed all the children sitting at the other tables! Yes, this was the Saturday that they had their "Christmas Tea" and Santa came to visit. I thought it was absolutely lovely. Until my friends and I were ambushed by Mr. and Mrs. Claus. As you can tell by our faces, we didn't ask nor were we aware that every table go a picture with the Claus'. They wiggled their way right onto our couch and tea table just in time for the photographer to say, "1, 2, 3...." SNAP. Our complete surprise is now forever documented in this lovely keepsake picture that you receive at the end of "Christmas Tea".

No comments: