Sunday, November 21, 2010

learning curve


6:30 is early. I just want to throw that out there. It is still dark outside. And when I was setting up the thermostat to heat my house. I didn't really think it through. I need the heat to be above 66 when I wake up. The first few days before I realized that was the problem- very painful.

Some mornings, I don't even know when it was that I took a shower. I know that I took one because my hair is clean and my legs are shaved. (yes, I shave every day. Yes, I am okay with that).


I have to be in my office, computer on and logged in at 8:30. Not 8:29. Not 8:31. It has to be exactly 8:30. I hope that as you are reading this, you can see how absolutely difficult it is to time your morning down to an exact 60 second window. (it is probably why my hair is turning gray at such a rapid rate these days.) I am starting to realize just how imperative it is to have a bubble bath once a week. I am also learning why- when watching movies and TV shows- people who work in an office always have a cup of coffee in hand in the morning and a glass of wine when they get home. I am not saying that I will start using these vices. I am simply stating I now see how they could become necessary to function.
P.S. this is a picture of what I found on my screen when I came into work on last Tuesday. You can see how my day may not have been started on the right foot, as I didn't know why Karl had been at my desk... nor what kind of help I needed to seek him out for. *sigh*
Hello, Monday.

No comments: