I have been having these wandering daydreams as of late. And I have been relishing the thoughts... and I thought I would write them down.
I have come to the decision that if I have not found "Mr. Right" by the time I am 40, I will look into adopting a baby. I just don't think I can go through this life and not be a Mommy. As I have come to the resolution, I have had a few day dreams. About having a little girl come home from school and hop off the bus, and come running. I ask how her day was, and we go in the house for a snack. Here is the beautiful part, every time I find myself having this "day dream" the little girl has Asian eyes.
I have found such joy in thinking of this future. It has gotten me out of the "funk" that I have been in for the past few weeks. And whether or not this is my future reality or just my day dream, I look forward to it.
3 comments:
Simply beautiful post and btw, you would make a marvelous mother!
I. love. this.
Haha, I just had the image of Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally" crying to Billy Crystal about turning 40.
"I'm gonna be 40!"
"When?"
"Someday!"
"IN EIGHT YEARS!!!"
"I know but it's there!"
Hahahaha! But seriously, I agree... you'd make a fantastic mom. And stupid Mr Right is too slow and missing out! ;)
Post a Comment