Monday, April 18, 2011

becoming a princess



I am so excited about the marriage of Prince William and Kate.


Princess Diana has been a secret obsession of mine for years. I remember looking at the news footage of when Princess Diana married Charles. And how heartbroken I was when they divorced. I remember when she died in that horrific crash in Paris. I got weepy when watching the funeral. She is the definition of grace and class.




And now her oldest son is getting married. I am boarder line considering getting up at 4am on the morning of the 29th to watch the wedding! I want to know who the designer of her dress will be. I want to watch every detail of the wedding. I want to know if she will actually wear a tiara or be the modern "royalty" that she is being pegged for being and only wear flowers in her hair.




I love the romance of knowing that the charity that William interned for when he graduated from high school, Kate worked for 6 months after he did. Merely missing each other in Chili by 6 months. I love that they are getting married in Westminster Abby. The same church Diana and Charles married. I think they are a very charming couple. And what girl doesn't dream about marrying a prince!



Cheers to William of Whales and Kate Middleton!

No comments: