Sunday, April 24, 2011

fantastic 4






Dear diary, today I found out I have two amazing friends. How? Well, they told me they’d be willing to kick someone in the face for me. Now if that ain't true friendship, I don’t know what is. P.S, I think they both secretly have crushes on me. ;)”



This is a text message from a dear friend. Hayley found this in an old phone and sent it on to me. I received the same text at the time. After reading this, I was sucked into walking down memory lane. This was the summer of 2008. The summer my closest friends and I call "The Fantastic 4 Summer". It was a summer where Nathan Rex, Sean Prince, Hayley Lauritzen and myself did everything together. We grew very close.


I moved at the end of that summer back to Utah. Things changed. Sean married and Hayley married. Nathan and I see each other from time to time. And I think that if you sat all 4 of us down at a table, we would pick right back up again where we left off. It was a summer of inside jokes, belly laughs and pranks.


I moved in August. In September, I flew back for a birthday party. Hayley picked me up from the airport. As I was getting my luggage, there were 2 men waiting for me. Nathan and Sean-- Both holding signs that read "Mrs. Cullen".







That summer if full of great memories. And ended with amazing friendships. I am truly grateful for the Fantastic 4.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Cute! :) I miss the Fantastic 4 too!