Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Scratch and Dent Section....

I decided on Sunday, that I would give the "older" single adult ward a try. Wow.. what an eye opener that was. I feel like I have just been to the "scratch and dent" section of the Single Adults.
I have to say that I enjoyed Relief Society. And Sunday school was okay. It was odd to see the men file it with grey hair and bald heads. (not that that matters to me, it doesn't) And then by that time I had talked my cousin Calli into coming with me. So I have to just give you the conversation that occurred in Sacrament meeting. Paragraph form just wouldn't do it justice.

Me: How was Coldplay last night?
Calli: So awesome!
Man in row in front: Hey, I am trying to prepare for the sacrament
Me: (after the shock wore off my face) You found the chapel okay?
Calli: Yes. It was easy to find. Wonder why Matt thought it was west of state street.
Man in front of us: You shouldn't be talking about that right now. What would Elder Oaks say?
Me & Calli: (whispers) Oh my gosh!! (giggles)
Man in front of us: Shut up!
Me & Calli: (giggles)
Man in front of us: Shut your mouth! (puts earplugs in his ears)

At this point Calli and I got up and moved to the back of the chapel. A guy then sat down next to me and while putting his elbows on his knees during the Sacrament prayer... apparently forgot the logistics of where HIS actual knees were, and put his arm on MY knee. And then kept it there for the remainder of the meeting. Only to sit up half way through the talks and whisper to me:
"I just finished the Book of Mormon. It took me 10 months. I just wanted someone else to share in my 'yahoo' moment." And then promptly went back to forgetting where my personal boundaries were. I wasn't sure if he was looking for a thumbs up from me or if he thought his reward for finishing the Book of Mormon, was to use the right side of my body as his leaning tree.

Honestly, I did not make any of these stories up. I am not that good.

4 comments:

Holly Harris Murray said...

ok, I just peed my pants reading this I am laughing so hard. so you going back next week? :)

Christine said...

LOL! omg. That is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

nannyjai said...

yep sounds like a fun ward!

Julianne said...

That was SO funny!! You must go back every Sunday just to have these hilarious stories to tell!!

So, I hope the guy with the earplugs isn't wondering why he's still single. You know every girl goes to a singles ward to find a guy that wears EARPLUGS!!

And I'm guessing you didn't find the guy sitting next to you attractive. ;) If all the guys are so bold, next time find an attractive guy, sit next to him, and enjoy the meeting with a little less personal space!!