
When I was in college, I worked at a store in the mall. We sold hair product and flat irons. Hairbrushes, etc. Like a Trade Secret, but a local Utah company. One morning I had a lady come in and buy a flat iron. And then come back in 10 minutes later to return it. Sadly, we had a strict policy on "NO RETURNS". No if's, and's or but's. None. We did not return any items. (we had the policy printed on the back of the receipts and all over the store). Needless to say this woman was not happy about the new information. She was pretty livid actually. I kindly explained that we cannot return items for FDA purposes... blah blah blah. She then yelled at me, "I will never shop at this store again! I am telling all of my friends and family to do the same!"
She then stormed HALF way out of the store when a mole hair brush caught her eye. She picked it up and brought it to the register, "This will be the last time!"
I tell you this story because... this is how I feel about dating these days.
"I am never doing this again!" And as I go to the mall or church or just out with friends, I see someone new, and I think "Fine! Just one more time!" It is funny how life works like that.
S0, I still put myself out there, Just one more time.
No comments:
Post a Comment