I went to Palmyra for the last time with the Waveny Park ward. CRAZY. I have gone for the past 7 years every summer. And this was my last one! The first time I went I had just been put in the RS presidency. And so I went into the grove with a full heart and praying for guidance on how to help the sisters I was now a shepherd for. And 7 years later, I went in to pray for me. Pray that I was taking the right path.
In my patriarticle blessing, it says that I will serve a mission. And I had gone through my teenage years thinking that as soon as I hit 21-- I was on my way. But even then the Lord told me "no". That wasn't' a path that I was to take. And I think this was my mission. This is what I was meant to do. And so all along when I thought I was going to go and make a change in someone else's life-- it was mine that I was going to make the change in. I came to Connecticut with a very broken heart. And I am leaving it with a whole and healed heart.
All of these things came to my mind as I sat in the Sacred Grove. It is wonderful to walk the grounds where the Lord Jesus Christ and the Father have been. Where Joseph caused the mighty change to come about in the world. I am grateful for the opportunities that I have had while out here.
And I know I will be back....
2 comments:
gosh darn last year I just read Harry Potter in the Sacred Grove... Maybe I should have used that time more carefully!
This place and this ward is going to miss you a lot. But I want to wish you the best of luck in Utah. You are a fantastic nanny and a great person who adds that extra umph wherever you go. Good luck these next few weeks and beautiful pics by the way!
Post a Comment