I am just going to put this out there and I would like everyone that reads this to please leave a comment in the "comment box". Penny for your thoughts?I am at a crossroads. I have NO idea what I am supposed to do.
It is not a secret that I don't love it here in Utah. It has had it's good points. I do enjoy the extra time with family. I think most of them are tired of me by now, though. Blake is home from his mission and digging living on his own with friends down in Provo and Clayton is married and has other responsibilities. And Tyler, is just, well, Tyler. He can make it on his own. And so that kind of leaves me... just hanging.
The Pagliaro's want me to come back and work for them. And I love love love them! I know the job, I know the area. I know that I can do school in the day if I want to do that. And things here are getting rough. I am just really feeling.... not settled. And I hate that feeling!
So.... Connecticut, or Utah?
10 comments:
Hmmmmm....that's a tough one babe. I would write a list. Well, a couple actually. Pro's and Con's for UT. Pro's and Con's for CT. As you go over each list, relax your mind and heart and see which scenario you feel the greater sense of peace with. That's the feeling that will indicate what's right. Love you!
Since some of my best memories are in CT my vote would be for there. And this would be a good time of year to move! But obviously the most important thing is to pray! The Lord will help you know if you've made the right decision or not!
I agree with writing a list of pros and cons. I did that when we were deciding to move from Boise back to Utah. Seeing it on paper made it easier to decide. I also decided one day that I was going to live the day as if we were staying in Boise and then another day as if we were moving to Utah and at the end of the day pondered on how I felt about the decision. (Does that make any sense??) We never felt like we had a definite 'yes' or 'no' answer on whether to stay or move but we really felt like we needed to move so we made the decision and everything seemed to fall into place. Most of all we had so much peace with the decision. It just felt right. I'm also reminded of a talk (I believe from Elder Bednar) about if we don't know what to do and we've prayed about it and don't seem to have a clear answer to choose one and move forward with it as if the answer was yes. If it's not the right choice you'll know as you move forward. If it is the right choice you won't have the fear, worry, doubt and everything will work out. I think the greatest thing about this decision is that there isn't an unknown. You know what you'll be going to in CT and you know what you have if you stay here in UT. I know you will make the right choice for YOU! Keep us posted on what you decide.
I want whats best for you buuuuut I also want what's best for ME. so stay here ;)
(really though, I can't say which would be better. i know you'll make the right choice. You're to smart not to)
That's a big decision! And how exciting that you have options like that in front of you. Everyone has given really good ideas. I would do all those, and also ask myself where I wanted to be in 5 years, 10, etc., and which choice now will help you to get there the best. *Hugs*
Do what makes you happy Tara! Of course you should pray about it, and the spirit will help you know if you've made the right decision. I have full faith in you that you will.
Get out of here while you have the chance!!!!
oh dear. You DO remember what the ward is like here RIGHT? Just wanted to throw that out there. It is getting younger and younger, AND younger by the second. Of course...the Bishop IS looking for a new RSP. Should I let him know you are a possibility! ;)
Hmmm, I have been here before and I know what it's like! I think maybe Connecticut for a couple of reasons.
1. There are more exciting opportunities in Manhattan, Boston, DC and Phili for the weekends.
2. You love your work there, which because we spend most of our time at work...is not a bad option.
But, I think you definatly need to ask for a raise and you definatly need to go to a different ward. Also, I'd suggest lot's of online networking. (If you are careful, it has it's good points)
Keep doing the races though cause that was awesome and keep going to school and I think you will be happy!
That's my take! You could be back and David Chen's and Browsing through Tiffany's in no time!
You haven't felt settled in Utah since I met you. Sounds like you are happier in CT. Life is all about finding the things that make us happy. Go with what your gut is telling you to do.
Post a Comment