
Today, I took Lucas to the park. It was such a lovely beautiful day. And what happened while I was there, made the day that much more beautiful.
As I was sitting on the bench, I overheard a conversation between two mothers.
They each had, what I think was, 4 kids. And the blond one said:
"I am dreading my birthday coming up. I will be 30, and I can't even believe it! I got married in 1999."
The brunette said:
"Yeah, I turned 29 this year and I got married in 2000"
Blond: "I can't believe my life now. Sometimes, don't you wish that you had just run off to New York and lived a little bit before you got married?"
Brunette: "Yeah, totally"
I get really discouraged sometimes when I think of what I am missing in my life. I could have had kids, and a husband. I am sure I would have had a really cute house by now.
But the conversation between these two moms was the best remedy for these "don't have" blues. Because, you see? I did run off to New York to live my life a little bit.
3 comments:
Good for you!!! I'm jealous!!! :)
Hi Tara-
I totally agree with you! It is hard sometimes being "older" and single but then I remember how much I have done- and still can do!
-Andrea Measom
I'm glad you overheard that conversation. Isn't it funny how we really do think the grass is greener on the other side?!? :)
Post a Comment