
I have been on my quest for better health for over a year now. (shouldn't that mean I should look like Victoria Beckham by now!?)
I have to admit the going was slow at first. I had/have some dear friends back in CT that decided that we should all make a "Biggest Looser" group. There ended up being about 8 of us. We divided into color teams and everything. We did our weigh ins every Sunday night, with the loosing group from the week before making everyone dinner. We had such a great time.
I started as the heaviest of the
group. I was embarrassed the first time I got on that scale. But I am happy to say that I was the ONLY one out of all 8 that never gained anything the whole 6 months that we did that.
group. I was embarrassed the first time I got on that scale. But I am happy to say that I was the ONLY one out of all 8 that never gained anything the whole 6 months that we did that.Fast forward another 4 months and I am here in UT and I hire a personal trainer. I cannot tell you what a wonderful investment this has been for me. I can run now. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is HUGE for me. I started doing this whole thing to look better in pictures for Clayton and Anna's wedding. But then I heard of this 5k in SLC and I wanted to make that my goal. I am 3 weeks away from the 5k. And I think I am going to make it. This has been a really great journey. I have discovered things about myself that I didn't know before. And I am proud of myself.
I will keep you posted over the next 3 weeks about how things are going, and my feeling as I get closer to my race.
4 comments:
Go Tara! That is great that you have been working so hard for better health. Good luck with the 5k. You will do awesome!
You know I am a huge fan of yours and support you all the way!! Races are so fun and I am a big believer that training to run trains so much more than just your body. Good luck and have fun!! Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Way to go! That is awesome!!
Wow, what a great journey! Good for you. I can't wait to hear more about your training and your race. I'll be cheering for you!
Post a Comment