Wednesday, October 7, 2009

the talk


Over the weekend, I got... "the talk". I have discovered- after "pseudo" raising 7 kids- that between the ages of 6 & 7, they discover what "getting married" means. The whole girl and boy thing.. and that you fall in love, etc.

This is how the conversation went:

Alexandre- Tara, do you have a husband?

Me- I don't. Don't you think you would have met him by now if I did? I have been with your family a long time now.

Alexandre- Well, I just thought you got tired of him and then just lost him.

(this is when I tried not to laugh out loud, but then took a mental note of how easy it could be!)

Sophia- She isn't old enough to get married!

Me- How old am I?

Sophia- Like, 17....??

Me- Nope! I am 32.

Sophia- Oh, so you are waiting until later...??

(trying not to laugh)

Me- You need to fall in love to get married, guys.

Sophia- I am already in love. With Parker.

Me- What happened to Zeke from your Kindergarten class?

Sophia- He moved and I don't know where he is. That's a big problem.

Me- You're right. If you don't know where your boyfriend is, that could be a problem.

Sophia- Oh, Zeke isn't my boyfriend, I am just in love with him.


Oh, boy.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I love getting the talk from younger siblings or children. My sister- at age 12- scolded my for not being social and told me I need to get out and meet people... this was 5 years ago...

Melanie said...

SUPER FUNNY! Doesn't the perspective of children just crack you up everytime??

April said...

Could these children BE anymore adorable? Seriously so cute.

Terina said...

love it!!!