Sunday, February 7, 2010

the boy


I started going to a new ward at the beginning of the year. I went for a couple of weeks and decided it was time to go to the "new member meeting". There were probably 30-40 people in the room waiting to get the "orientation" on the new ward. We all had to stand up, say our name and something unique about us. So this guy who had it back to me the whole time, (because he was sitting in front of me) stood up turned around and said, " I am ________ and something unique about me, is that my parents..." and I finished the rest of his sentence: live in Hawaii.

So how would I know that you ask? I went to High School with him. In North Carolina. 16 years ago.

So here is the fun part: he was that guy in our ward that all the 14 year old girls drooled over. Everyone thought he was sooo cute. I remember going to his house to see his mom, she was my YW leader at the time, and he answered the door in nothing but soccer shorts. I thought I was going to pass out. I couldn't even form a complete sentence and then turned and walked away without giving his mom what I had came there to do. That is still my #2 most embarrassing moment.

And here he was. 16 years later. Only this time... I was older too and thought it was funny that the cutest guy from my teenage years, was now in my singles ward. I should mention he is 3 years older than me ;)


the name in this post was omitted to protect my pride




5 comments:

MA1 said...

OH I love your blog, I love hearing how you are doing, you make me smile everytime I read it. Thanks for helping make my day brighter! Good luck with the boy ;)

melanie said...

Mysterious ways my friend...mysteious ways...all I'm gonna say. (For now:)

Julianne said...

Maybe "The Boy" will be Creme Brulee and not Brussel Sprouts...

Lisa said...

Hmmmm....

Andrea said...

I have one of those in my ward! We called him Beautiful Brandon! And he is still in my ward, unmarried and baffling all girls as to why- because he is a catch. But I see him and I am still reminded of my little girl crush.