Wednesday, February 3, 2010

cookin slow


Um, so I have been with out an oven for more than a month. Which as you can guess, makes making dinner... very interesting.
So this is for all of my blogging friends... please PLEASE send me any recipes you have for a slow cooker. I am looking for soup, or anything with chicken. Beef is also good.
Thanks all!! I am counting on you... and so are the kids I work for. No pressure!

1 comment:

MA1 said...

Many recipes that use an oven can be used in a crockpot. Just remember this 3 hours on high and you have a yummy whole chicken. 6-8 hours is on low and somethings are better in this than others, a roast is one of them. A great thing is a shredded pork. I use a boneless pork roast and let it cook all day 8-10 hours and then pull it apart with forks and then season(with one of the many on the internet, I like teryaki and pineapple juice.) and cook for another hour on high. It's yummy. Good luck with your slow cooking adventure!