As you all know, I am a nanny. I nanny 3 children ages 5,4 & 2. Tonight, for the first time in their young little lives, I showed them The Polar Express. What a magical experience for them! We have been gearing up for this event/evening for 2 weeks now, and tonight was their night. I went and bought the book, and have been reading it at bed time every night for those 2 weeks. The first time I read it, it was like a little light came on in their eyes. It was the cutest thing! So tonight, we watched the movie. We made Christmas cookies (for Santa of course!) We turned out the lights each child on the edge of the bed... waiting to hear the story that I have been reading to them for weeks. And as the Polar Express pulls in front of the boys house-- each child was entranced. And my 2 year old turned to me and said in a whisper: "Tata, Choo Choo train". And his mouth made the shape of a perfect sized "O".
They got a little nervous with the whole ice problem that the train had. The two older ones shouting at the screen "Hold on!"
As the movie comes to a close, and as the boy puts the bell into his pocket, Sophia says to him "Don't put it in there, your robe has a hole, remember!?" If only he had heard her, it would have saved him the heartache on the ride home. And when he rings the bell on Christmas morning, Alexandre said "Tara, there is magic in this room do you see it?"
And for him, there was magic in the room. And there was magic in the room for me, too.
I couldn't help but feel the magic of Christmas tonight. It was a wonderful gift for me. If you haven't seen this movie for a while, I encourage you to grab a young person, and watch it with them. By the end...you'll "believe" too.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
P.S. 2 hours after I put Alexandre to bed, there was a knock at my door. "Tara? I think I hear the Polar Express outside, should I get on?" ......... Magic
3 comments:
Hello, Lady!!! Sounds like you are having so much fun with the kids that you take care of! Hope you are having a fabulous Holiday Season. Keep in touch! Love, Gina
So did you go get on?
Those kids are lucky to have someone so fun and a kid at heart!! merry christmas friend!
Post a Comment