What is it about getting little unexpected notes that make you smile until your face hurts? Notes that are left on your car, or perhaps on the counter in the kitchen right by your keys?I remember my dad leaving my mom notes on the kitchen counter. He would sign it "W". I always thought it was cute. He didn't do it very often, but often enough for me to remember.
When I was in High School my boyfriend left me notes in my locker. I looked forward to them every day. He taught piano lessons in the evening, and in between lessons, would write me a note, and then next morning slip in through the vent on my locker. I loved opening the door every morning and having that little folded up paper fall out. It was a happy moment for me. I still have one of the notes he left. I keep it in my wallet still to this day. I would say that it is probably 14 years old. (I hope he doesn't read this blog... that would be embarrassing!)
I had a friend in college that would leave notes on my car or taped to my apartment door. I still have all of those too. Those meant the world to me at the time.
I used to leave notes in my Madeleine's lunch box. I loved doing it. Because I know that when she opened her lunch that day, she got a smile. I used to leave notes on the outside of Alex's brown bags for his lunch. I miss that.
Just remember to "take note" of those that mean the most to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment