I would like to give you advice on how not to spend your afternoon. In court. For a traffic violation. I know that I can probably join throngs of millions in saying, "It wasn't my fault". But it wasn't. You try driving down Mt. Olympus at 25 mph and see if you can do it. When you get to the Justice Court, be aware that the lady checking you in, will be of no help. She will hand you paperwork that basically says you are waiving your Miranda Rights by saying "Guilty or No Contest". Initial here, sign and date here and wait over there. That is all she says.
So as you are sweating because you are nervous, you are filed into a very small court room. People are dirty and smell of cigarettes while I am sitting there in my GAP cardigan and Michael Korrs shoes. (yes, I am judging). One woman was there because she left her dog in the car and it died! She also talked like Snow White. Weird.
The judge calls me up, and says why I am there and then asks if I would like to talk to a Prosecuting Attorney. Yes. Yes, I do. Because I at least need to get a plea deal if I am here, for dang sake!
So I got my MPH reduced to 9 over and my fine cut in half. And I needed to change my shirt. Secret doesn't advertise for this kind of stress...
No comments:
Post a Comment