I have decided that the word "someday" is the worst word ever.
As a kid your mom would say "someday you'll be big enough." And you would get so frustrated that it wasn't tomorrow that you could do what ever it was that you wanted to do.
And then when you are a bit older... double digit age... we would hear "Someday, we'll know why..." It would have been in science or history. And you would get frustrated because you wanted to know NOW.
And now that I am in early adulthood, the word "someday" has the meaning of.. "someday, your time will come". Or "someday, you'll have what you have been waiting for." And right now, it is the "someday, you'll find your husband." And "someday, you'll have kids" Or "someday, you'll have a home that you call your own."
But all of this teaches us patience. Of which, I don't have much! And we work and we plan... so that when the "someday" comes, we are ready for it. Though I still don't know if I have reached the "big enough" stage of my life!
So for now... Someday, I'll have what I wait till the end of the movie for.
No comments:
Post a Comment