Having lived on the east coast, I have become some what of a "snob". (Ugh! There I admitted it!) I have fallen in love with expensive things. I love the way expensive leather feels. I love the smell of nice cashmere (YES, it has a smell). The absolute thrill of walking into a Tiffany & Co. store and seeing all of the sparkle glint off of the diamonds.
Now is where the sad part starts. I have developed Champagne tastes, while living on a beer budget. It is a really hard thing to get rid of. Once you have actually had a cashmere sweater on, I dare you to go back to the cotton of Ralph Lauren sweaters. (g'head, I dare you).
Now for the "happy" part of this post.
While walking through Macey's today, I came across the most unbelievable sight I have yet to see since moving to Utah. A shoe sale. Yup! (yes I know, not unusual. Keep reading) While stopping something shiny catches my eye. Upon closer look I discover what must be a mistake. One pair of giraffe print MICHAEL KORS loafers. As my eyes about bug out of my head, I calm myself down. This cannot be true! I have been looking for these for years! And here they were... on the sale rack. I crossed my fingers and moved to the size 9. And as the angels above sang in complete harmony, I found my size 9. I am quite certain that what ever this shoe and I are made of, it is the same. We found each other at last.
I took my shoes up to the counter and as the sales person rang me up a miracle happened. The shoe guy looked at me and said:
"It's your lucky day! All the sale shoes are an extra 40% off today."
At this point I knew it was destiny. I handed the clerk my card and as the shoes rang up for $37.64, I felt like a little bit of heaven was now mine. So now, I just look expensive.
4 comments:
Lucky! I LOVE Michael Kors! Watching Project Runway and reading numerous fashion magazines have made me a label snob as well. I am totally coveting your purchase right now!!!! :)
could you pick me up a size 7.5?? Always fun to get a good deal on something!!
So - I just saw confessions of a shopaholic...and all I have to say is be careful! It starts with shoes and before you know it you are out of control! :)
Oh..and by the way. I'm in love in MK jeans. I'll never buy GAP again.
Post a Comment