Friday, February 27, 2009

How you know if you're in love...


I nanny a little girl named Sophia. She is 6. She has a crush on a boy in her class named Zeke. Here is her explanation of how she knows she loves him:
Sophia: I am going to marry a boy in my class.
Me: Really? Hmm. Well, do you love him?
Sophia: Yes. A lot. I keep staring at him.
Me: Oh. Well, that is a good reason. How do you know that you love him?
Sophia: When I touch him, I close my eyes. That is how you know you are in love with someone, you close your eyes when you touch them.
Me: (wondering if I ever closed my eyes with ex-boyfriends) Well, that is a very strong feeling. Love. Are you sure you are ready to marry him?
Sophia: Yes. I love him. I love looking at him and when I am near him I just want to touch him.
I have realized over the past few days while thinking about this conversation, that she might be onto something.

2 comments:

April said...

Wow, you definitely have a romantic on your hands. How profound.

Melanie said...

She is too cute! Don't you love how kids just know everything???