When I went to Denver for my little visit, I thought I would have my dad take me shoe shopping. He is pretty knowledgeable in that area, having been in the Army and doing PT 3 times a week. So we head over to the local sports shop. Boy did I ever have a fast education in the way of running shoes.
Sales clerk: " How do you run?"
Me: "Um, with my hands clenched at all times, and breathing through my nose"
Sales clerk: "Mkay, I mean, do you run heel to toe? Or do your toes hit first?"
Me: "I have no idea! I am just trying not to look at the clock, and making sure I don't fall off the treadmill. Which I have done, I don't recommend it"
Sales clerk (not finding me amusing in the least): "Can you run around the store for a minute so that I can see how you run?"
Me: "Now? Seriously?"
At this point, the Sales clerk rolled his eyes. Uh, yeah. I am REALLY nervous to go shopping for a sports bra. I should probably think about stretching before I do any more shopping for work out clothes.
P.S. I chose a pair of Asics and I think I might have fell in love with them a little...

6 comments:
Haha! Awesome! Except for the sports bra part, which made me visually uncomfortable. People looked at me weird....
I LOVE Asics!! Good choice. Last time I went running shoe shopping I found the exact Asics shoes that I liked on sale, so.... I bought 5 pairs.
i need new shoes.
Asics are all i wear, they are the best in my opinion! going to a running store and being assesed and put in the right shoe was one of the best things i ever did for myself when starting out in running. my store guy told me 9 times out of 10 people give up running because they THINK they just have bad knees, it hurts, shin splints, etc...when it's really just the wrong shoe. amazing huh? (if i had been your store clerk i would have thought you were funny and clever:) some people have no sense of humor!)
Thanks Mel! :) I just felt awkward running around the store in a sweater and jeans. I wasn't on the "shoe machine" :)
Shoes make all the difference!!! Next time I'm in Utah, you and I are going for a run together! Keep it up! oh..and good sports bra's make all the difference too! :)
Post a Comment